Boarding and More
Please take a look at our latest videos, demonstrating the best way to board out your loft.
Flooring in your loft creates a usable storage space. Empire Lofts installs boarding to suit your requirements. All boarding work is completed with premium materials.
- 18mm, P5 moisture-resistant Cabre chipboard flooring material
- Tongue and groove leaving no gaps
- Raised on a framework to allow for insulation or permanent pipe-work
- From as little area as 8ft x 8ft to as large as you want
Require insulation? Let us know when we visit to quote if you need an insulation top-up.
Empire Lofts are happy to fit your insulation for free as an addition to any boarding you have installed. We will only charge for the cost of the insulation itself. The insulation we recommend is Knauf Earthwool Loft Roll 44.
- flexible low density glass mineral wool quilt
- lightweight, flexible, resilient and non-combustible
- incremental layers of 100mm
Lighting and plugs
Empire Lofts will arrange for one of our fully qualified electricians to safely install anything you may need.
If you desire some shelf space, this can be fitted between the beams in your loft. We use the same boarding as we do for the floor, so it is moisture resistant and can be tailored to your specific loft dimensions.
Empire Lofts is able to fit a loft balustrade around the hatch aperture. As well as the extra protection, this provides added support when accessing the loft. These can be customised to your exact measurements and requirements.